Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Best of...

By Christmas I hope to compile a "Best of List." Unless my pants get wayyy too tight (well, any tighter than they already are, damn you summer snacking), I plan on sampling the best of what Dallas has to offer. If anyone has any places that are "must try's," let me know. I will try anything. Unless it's salmon. I hate salmon. Salmon is cat food, and while I respect my cat (it's hard not to respect/fear an animal that weighs twice what it is supposed to and could possibly devour you in one sitting), I will not eat it. I do not meow, am not covered in fur, and no longer have a tail, thus, salmon is not in my diet. Below is a list of categories, feel free to suggest more.

pizza, queso, guac, salsa, brunch, hungover place, grilled cheese, grilled chicken sandwhich, turkey sandy, "fast food," french fries, onion rings, cheeseburgers (emphasis on the cheese--people who eat plain hamburgers are weak), hummus, any sort of dips, homemade chips, tortillas, pasta dish, salad, tortilla soups....and so on.
(Side note: Just had to go look in the mirror to see if I had developed a second chin just by writing that. Guess I will have to start two-a-days to balance out the food intake.)

on the easier flowing side of things, here are a few libations I'd like to sample...
Vodka Martini (gin makes people mean) sans olives **on my first few dates I ordered "dirty martini extra dirty" because I thought it was cool (I was 19 and it looks cool when the hot girl in the movies order them), but making a face like you just drank alien sweat or actually spitting your drink into the glass=very UNcool.**, margarita (frozen and on the rocks, none of that mango crap), best wine list for post-college grads, champagne cocktails, mojitos (I hate rum, but I just really want to be cool), best beer on tap (for girls), best specialty drinks, etc.

So...if you have any suggestions, post them, email me, whatever. I will try it. Note-please don't send me to places where I could get shot unless I have someone far less important with me to use as a shield. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Sala on S. Lamar for tex-mex (the chef, doug brown, is catering my wedding and hes amazing) get the queso and the jalapeno frozen margarita ($4.00) and get the pulled pork hot wrap=insane.
    Also, Justin and I just went to Fedora and had really good pesto pasta and osso bucco...mmmmm
    -Ali (my 3rd chin actually inspired this post)

    ReplyDelete