Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anything that combines the word 'winner' with 'bread' = my best friend




More about that picture later...


Your food probably shouldn't suck if you have the name "winner" in the restaurant title, and Breadwinners is a winner in my book. My only disappointment when I opened my to go box--the waffle chips--for a brief moment, I looked at that waffle shape and thought to my self, "ahhh, Chick-fil-a sounds prettttty legit right about now." Then I realized it was a Wednesday and fast-food on weekdays is unnacceptable. So, I opened my to-go box and after the initial fast food fatass moment, I was delighted...my chicken wrap (grilled chicken, cheese, avocado, bacon, and lettuce) came with a side of salsa and ranch. And to me, that is like Christmas. Actually, better than Christmas, because you can't eat Christmas and it only happens on 1 day--this meal could happen whenever I so please. The wrap was huge, so I felt like a skinny little schoolgirl when I could only finish half. The chips were legit, tasted like thin waffle fries w/ Burger House seasoning. (If you don't know what Burger House seasoning tastes like, get out of Dallas or stop acting like you're from here).

Now, about the picture...since I don't have a picture of my meal I give you this one. Yes, it is from 10 Things I Hate About You (R.I.P Heath), and my story is about the middle guy, Michael. Do you remember that party scene, where he is trying to hit on girls using the line "I just got a Tercel...that's a Toyota." Well, until today, I thought that Toyota Tercels were non-existant, just some fantasy car that Warner Brothers cooked up in their lab. But alas, on my way to Breadwinners, I almost was side-swiped by a Tercel...and instead of getting angry, I creepily smiled and cheered to myself as the idiot passed me--MY VERY FIRST TERCEL. Maybe I'll sell my Yukon during this cash for clunkers phase and get my very own Toyota Tercel

Bread Winners Bakery & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment