Simply put, Tillman’s Roadhouse is the shit. Awesome atmosphere. Awesome food. Awesome wait staff. Before I get in to the stories/food details, let me just list what all our lardass table ate.
They bring you out truffled popcorn and peanuts to start (A-MAZE-ING) then Todd sent us over two starters:
1) Trio of Fries: parmesean black pepper Kennebec fries, chili dusted purple Peruvian fries, and smoked salt scented sweet potato fries, served with homemade spicy ketchup and horseradish pickle mayo (of course I decided it wasn’t mayo, it was aioli, so I tried it).
2) Fried housemade bread and butter pickle cup with spicy brown butter
Then, we ordered, and all went really, really light......
1) Me: Chicken fried hanger steak with garlic whipped potatoes; bacon braised green beans and charred poblano gravy.
2) Crawford: Grilled PGA beef ribeye with truffled goat cheese tator tots. (Not as good as everyone elses…Should’ve ordered the Venison Frito Pie idiot.)
3) Dad: Chipotle BBQ smoked pork ribs with white cheddar mac-n-cheese. (They were amazing and he gave me a bite and tricked me in to eating a piece that was only fat…I wasn’t upset)
4) Megan: Off the Hook special (WEAK ORDER): Some striped sea bass with veggies. Almost made her leave the table. (Don’t go to dinner with our family and order non red-meat or pork. It’s just mean). Actually, its prob against her religion or something in her culture to eat meat.
5) Lauren: The Landy Burger—sirloin foie gras burger with Madiera aiolo, arugula, goats milk gouda cheese on a house baked Kaiser bun and goat cheese tator tots. (I think she ordered it saying “I’ll have the lady burger thinking she was sounding skinny”—sorry La, fail.)
6) Josh: same as me
7) Me again: Side of white cheddar mac-n-cheese (STOP JUDGING IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY)
So—we dove in, and ordered our 3rd and 4th bottles of wine, and everyone was in awe. The chicken fried steak was the most fat, delicious thing I have ever eaten (and I have eaten a lot of fat, delicious things), and I quickly scarfed down my mashed potatoes before anyone got a chance to try them. Seriously, it was 5 of my favorite nouns/adjectives on a plate: BACON, potatoes, FRIED, steak and GARLIC. Oh, and my number 1 favorite thing: gravy. Sweet Jesus I just sounded like that fat girl Nikki Blonsky (Tracy Turnblad) from Hairspray (and now the “star” of the ABC Family original series, Huge). Sidenote: Nikki Blonsky is Hungry and Mad
Everyone enjoyed their meals—how could you not, the main ingredients were butter and red meat…seriously, my dream come true. Once we all were drunk on red meat and wine, we decided that we would be kidding ourselves if we didn’t order dessert…Little did I know, my starving sidekick Lauren had already ordered the Tableside S’mores and the Cookie tower…Please listen to these descriptions, they don’t even do the desserts justice..
S’mores Tableside: Orange, maple and coffee marshmallows, cinnamon grahams, dark chocolate bark.. (The bring you your own tableside fire and skewers and you get to do it yourself! Legit, and lots of fire.
And then Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip cookie tower with banana ice cream, chocolate icing, and chocolate sauce.
After we finished, the worlds most uncomfortable/akward/sexually inappropriate convo took place. Let’s just say my dad and boyfriend are going into business together and leave it at that. If you weren’t there then ask someone, it was amazing. **
GO TO TILLMAN’S. It is delicious. Don’t eat all day then go, and have zero shame. They also have games to play while you wait…
Solid food blogging group...
(minus the ending "Roadhouse convo and exiting problems)